Wednesday, August 4, 2010

I love my primary kids

Geoff and I loooooove our primary class. We teach 5 year olds and every week they make me smile. This week we were going over all the fun stuff each child was going to do. One little kid said they were doing such and such on Thursday and asked what I was doing that day. I thought for a moment and said in a rather serious voice..."I'm turning 24 years old on Thursday!" Their mouths dropped and one very sweet little boy said "Gee Sister Loomis, 24 is like old lady, good thing you look like a teenager!" And one little girl added on,"Yeah you look like my uncle Ben's girlfriend, she is still in highschool!"
I loved it, I'm still laughing at these cute very dramatic little comments. I love my kids!
We are slowly decreasing in numer because our kids keep moving. One little girl that moved a few weeks ago wrote us a sweet good bye note saying that she was going to miss us, found myself crying all that day. I get so attached. They are all great kids. I'm so lucky to be their teacher.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, Holly, you are sweet! I want to be the first to tell you Happy Birthday!!!! I know I'm a day early, but I figured I'd better tell you before I forget, like I always do. I want you to know how amazing I think you are and how much I miss you! You are such a beautiful woman and I'm so glad we became friends. I miss your face and I hope you have an awesome birthday! Love you girly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday today! I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets told I look like I'm in high school. Kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is too stinkin' cute. I am also in Primary and absolutely love every Sunday listening to those darn cute kids during Sharing and Music time. They always put a huge grin on my face :) Hope you had a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete

We looooove your comments!!