Thursday, October 7, 2010

Teaching honesty

For those of you who don't know I work for the most amazing company in the world. Epic Dental truly rocks. We sell dental products and we are a pretty small company, but my coworkers and boss are all going straight to heaven for their awesomeness!
Anyway, I talk to doctors and dentists a lot and I got an uplifting call today from a man in Idaho. It went like this:
Man: I would like to buy some gum for my dentist.
Holly: Ok, have you ordered with us before?
Man: No, my dentist buys this gum and I need to buy some for him it is a 1000 piece bag I think....
Holly: (You are seriously buying $70 worth of gum for your dentist....ok crazy!???) K, lets get an account set up for ya...
Man: This may seem like a strange situation to you. But I was at the dentist today and my 9 year old son was waiting for me in the waiting room while I had some work done. On the way out I noticed all of his pockets were full of gum! He emptied their gum machine into his pockets. His mom and I discussed and decided that he needed to buy a bag and take it in to the dentist and say he is sorry. I asked the lady in the office where they get their gum and they said from you. So I need it shipped to me so we can take it to them personally.
Holly: (HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA, I'm gunna die, that's great!!!!) Well, I'll do the order on their account so you can have their price but send it to your house.
I gave him a pretty good discount so the kid might have it paid off before he goes to college :) My heart wanted to send it for free for him being such an awesome parent.

I really wanted to ask if he was LDS, I kind of assume so since he is from Idaho, working in Utah and making his kid be honest like that. It reminds me of the little lessons that I teach my primary kids at church. I love to see parents teaching their kids little life lessons, its so uplifting and made my day!
Props to all the good parents who teach their kids so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We looooove your comments!!